What happens when you end up with a chipped tooth? Even minor damage can sometimes expose sensitive inner structure and allow a tooth to develop decay or even an infection. Fortunately, we have cosmetic solutions that allow us to reshape or repair a tooth. Can we really use bonding and contouring to fix teeth in one visit?
Try Our Quiz on Bonding and Contouring
- True or False: We can fix a chipped tooth in one visit.
- True or False: We can reshape your tooth.
- True or False: Your tooth will look natural afterward.
- True or False: We can also address more serious issues with a tooth’s shape.
- True. Bonding can repair chipped teeth using the same composite resin we employ in our tooth-colored fillings. We remove any decay and clean the tooth before we apply the material in multiple layers. As the material cures under a light, we can sculpt and mold the tooth. Finally, we polish the tooth for a more lifelike appearance. The entire procedure only takes one visit, allowing us to close gaps between teeth, mask teeth stains, and repair minor damage.
- True. With contouring, we reshape the tooth by removing a small amount of the surface structure. Buffing away structure can allow us to reshape malformed teeth, repair minor damage, remove pits or grooves in the tooth surface, or dull overly pointed teeth, all in one visit!
- True. The composite resin can be shaded to match the teeth, and the contouring process allows your tooth’s color and shape to remain the same. As a result, both options allow your smile to look natural.
- True. For breakage or fractures, we can place a lifelike dental crown or a custom-made veneer. If you have any questions about our treatment options, then please contact our office today.
Do You Need Bonding and Contouring?
Did you know that we can repair damaged teeth or address esthetic concerns in as little as one visit? You can schedule an appointment with Munilla Dental in Southlake, TX by calling 817-379-1200.