We have a full array of cosmetic treatments, which can address a number of esthetic concerns. However, for patients with more hectic schedules, we’re proud to offer treatments that can be completed in a single visit. With bonding and contouring, we can help repair a tooth in just one visit.
Try Our Quiz on Bonding and Contouring
- True or False: Bonding can repair chipped teeth.
- True or False: The material blends with the tooth.
- True or False: Contouring reshapes the tooth in one visit.
- True. We can use dental bonding to repair a chipped tooth, and to also close any gaps between the teeth or to mask permanent teeth stains. Permanent teeth stains, also known as intrinsic stains, may not respond to traditional teeth whitening. Fortunately, we can simply mask them.
- True. We use the same composite resin material we employ in our tooth-colored fillings. After we prepare and color-match the material (ensuring it blends with the tooth), we apply the material to the tooth in multiple layers. As the resin cures under a light, we sculpt and mold the tooth. Finally, we polish the tooth for a more lifelike appearance.
- True. Instead of adding to the tooth, we gently buff away tooth structure. Doing so can remove any pits or grooves in the tooth’s surface and also dull teeth that appear overly pointed. We can also reshape malformed teeth as well. Like bonding, the entire procedure can be completed in a single visit. In fact, we often perform both procedures in a single visit. If you have any questions or concerns about the procedure, or any of our other cosmetic treatments, then please contact our office today. We can help you greet 2018 with a more beautiful smile.
Do You Have a Chipped Or Misshapen Tooth?
With our cosmetic treatments, we can often repair a tooth and alter the shade and shape in a single visit. You can schedule an appointment with Munilla Dental in Southlake, TX by calling 817-379-1200.