When a dental emergency arises, you should contact us as soon as possible. We can then schedule a time to see you, even outside of normal business hours, and address the problem. However, there are things you can do to help address your discomfort before you see us. Let’s look at how to respond to emergency dental situations!
Try Our Quiz on Dental Emergencies
- True or False: You should contact us for any unexplained pain.
- True or False: Never use anything other than floss to remove objects stuck between teeth.
- True or False: Don’t touch a knocked-out tooth by the root.
- True or False: If you bring a piece of your chipped tooth with you, do so!
- True. If you experience sudden pain in your teeth or gums, then this could be a sign of a problem with your smile. We can examine your smile to pinpoint the cause of your unexplained pain and recommend treatment.
- True. If something becomes stuck between your teeth and you cannot remove it with floss, then contact our team. Never use anything other than floss as you could end up inadvertently damaging your gums and making the problem much worse.
- True. If a tooth becomes knocked-out, pick it up by the crown, or visible portion. Then, rinse the tooth under water to remove dirt (but take care not to remove any tissue). Place the tooth in a glass of milk or salt water, and then bring it with you to the office. You can place a cold compress agaonst your face to stop swelling.
- True. If you chip a tooth, see if you can recover any pieces. If not, we can still repair your tooth. Rinse your mouth with warm water and use a gauze or cloth to stem any bleeding. You can also place a cold compress against the side of the face to prevent swelling.
Do You Have Pain or a Damaged Tooth?
We can repair your smile and help you enjoy a healthy, comfortable smile with emergency dental services. You can schedule an appointment with Munilla Dental in Southlake, TX by calling 817-379-1200.