If you have teeth that crowd or overlap, then you probably assume your only hope for a more even smile is meal braces. Fortunately, we can offer our patients an alternative with a series of plastic aligners instead. How does Invisalign correct misalignment without braces?
Try Our Quiz on Invisalign® and Correcting Misalignment
- True or False: The aligners are barely noticeable.
- True or False: Each set is custom-made.
- True or False: Treatment takes about a year.
- True or False: We can help teens and adults alike.
- True. The aligners will be made from a clear plastic material, which means they will be practically invisible when patients wear them. This makes them a popular choice for our patients. In addition, the aligners will also be comfortable when worn, helping patients avoid the gum and cheek irritation so common with metal braces.
- True. We will take detailed impressions of your smile, as well as digital x-rays and photographs. These items will be sent to an Invisalign lab, where they will create a series of plastic aligners. Once complete, you will return to the office. The dentist will give you your new orthodontics and explain what to expect from treatment.
- True. When worn properly, which means between 20 and 23 hours per day, treatment takes about a year. However, the exact time will depend on the severity and cause of your misalignment. Every two weeks you will upgrade to a new set as your teeth are gradually repositioned over the course of your treatment. You will be able to remove for meals, special occasions, or when brushing and flossing your teeth.
- True. We can help adults achieve a straighter smile without sacrificing their professional appearance. For teens, we can also help treat uneven smiles. The dentist will examine smiles to see if Invisalign is the best choice. If you have any questions or concerns about our clear braces, then contact our team today.
Do You Need Invisalign?
We can use clear aligners to help you enjoy a straighter and healthier smile. You can schedule an appointment with Munilla Dental in Southlake, TX by calling 817-379-1200.