We’ve looked at teeth whitening and how we remove teeth stains, but what about issues with the shape and surface of your teeth? We have two different procedures that can repair teeth in one visit, in fact, we often use both in the same visit. What do you know about bonding and contouring? How can these procedures help your smile?
Try Our Quiz on Bonding and Contouring
- True or False: Bonding can repair chipped teeth.
- True or False: Placement only takes one visit.
- True or False: Contouring can reshape teeth.
- True. Dental boding involves using the same composite resin we use for metal-free fillings to repair minor damage. We will clean the tooth and remove any decay. We then prepare the material, shading it to blend with your smile. We then apply the material in several different layers. As the composite resin cures under a light, we can sculpt and shape the tooth. We then polish the tooth for a more natural appearance.
- True. We can complete the procedure in one sitting, using it to repair minor chips, close gaps between teeth, and mask permanent teeth stains. These are typically known as intrinsic stains and they don’t respond to traditional teeth whitening, instead we mask them with bonding or a restoration.
- True. We can also use contouring to address cosmetic issues, which involves buffing the tooth to remove issues with the shape or surface. We can address pits or grooves in the tooth surface, dull overly pointed teeth, and address issues with the tooth’s shape. We may complete this procedure in the same visit dental bonding. If you have any questions about repairing teeth with cosmetic dentistry, then contact our office today. We can help you enjoy a healthier and more attractive smile, often in a single visit!
Do You Need Cosmetic Dentistry?
We can use cosmetic treatments to improve the health and function, and of the course the appearance, of your smile. You can schedule an appointment with Munilla Dental in Southlake, TX by calling 817-379-1200.