When was the last time you made an appointment to have your teeth examined and cleaned? We find that many people tend to put off these visits because they simply don’t understand how important a checkup and cleaning really is. In today’s blog, we’re going to look at what you should expect from a checkup and cleaning, and what makes these visits so vital.
Try Our Quiz on Checkups and Cleanings
- True or False: We will use technology to examine your smile.
- True or False: A cleaning removes plaque.
- True or False: You should see us twice a year.
- True. We will use x-rays and intraoral cameras to obtain detailed images of your teeth and of everting beneath the gums. We can then create an accurate assessment of your oral health. The exam allows us to uncover the earliest signs of tooth decay, gingivitis, gum disease, oral cancer, and even TMJ disorder and bruxism. We can then recommend treatment or refer you to a specialist before these problems can progress into more serious stages.
- True. Along with your checkup, each six month visit also includes a dental cleaning. We will use either a manual tool or an ultrasonic scaler to remove all plaque and tartar that have accumulated on the teeth. We then polish the teeth for a smoother feel and brighter appearance. Removing plaque can reduce the risk of developing cavities, gingivitis, and gum disease. You can also enjoy fresher breath and brighter teeth as well.
- True. We feel this bears repeating: You should see us every six months. Doing so can allow us to identify problems early or prevent them from developing in the first place. If you haven’t had your first checkup and cleaning of 2018, then please contact our office today. We want to help you start the new year off right!
Ready to See Us?
We can offer a preventive visit to help you start 2018 with improved oral health. You can schedule an appointment with Munilla Dental in Southlake, TX by calling 817-379-1200.