When it comes to replacing missing teeth, we have a number of options available. However, the most lifelike and long lasting option is typically the dental implant. In today’s blog, we’re going to talk about the benefits of dental implants and why you should address your tooth loss as soon as possible.
Dental Implant Quiz
- True or False: They act as new tooth roots.
- True or False: We complete them with a custom-made crown.
- True or False: They can help minor and advanced tooth loss.
- True. The dental implant is inserted into the jawbone, where over a period of three to four months, it bonds with the jawbone. This process is known as osseointegration and occurs due to the biocompatible titanium used in the implant’s constriction. Therefore, they act as new tooth roots, which helps stimulate jawbone growth and preserve the rest of your smile, as well as your overall facial structure.
- True. After the area heals, the patient returns to the office so we can add an abutment that holds a dental crown in place. The dental crown will be custom-made using lifelike materials, such as ceramic, which we can shade to ensure a more natural appearance. Your new tooth will blend seamlessly with your smile.
- True. We can use a single tooth dental implant to address minor tooth loss. But what about the loss of multiple teeth? In thee cases, we can place multiple implants to secure a dental bridge, partial denture, or even a full denture. You can then enjoy a lifelike prosthetic that wont slip during meals or speech, and can potentially last much longer than a traditional bridge or removable denture. If you have any questions about tooth loss, or about preserving your smile with implant dentistry, then please contact our office today. Don’t let tooth loss have a negative impact on your smile’s health and appearance!
Interested in Implant Dentistry?
Our team can employ lifelike implant dentistry to address your tooth loss. You can schedule an appointment with Munilla Dental in Southlake, TX by calling 817-379-1200.